- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- Winter suspension of facilitated voluntary repatriation from Pakistan
- Protecting the rights of older people with disabilities among Afghan refugees in Pakistan
- Anti-polio drive in Balochistan to begin on Monday
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (25 Nov - 1 Dec 2018)
- Plan International shuts down operations in Pakistan
(Kollam, Kerala; Dec 18) A spiritual group in India's Kerala state Sunday said it was ready to extend monetary and material relief to Pakistani victims of the Oct 8 quake that killed tens of thousands .
The President Leaves for Pakistan to See for Himself the Devastation Caused by the Earthquake
October 12, 2005, Vienna, Austria - The OPEC Fund for International Development has extended a grant of US$1 million to provide relief supplies for victims of the earthquake that hit South Asia on October 8. Measuring 7.6 on the Richter Scale, the quake has claimed more than 21,000 lives and injured over 42,000 people in Pakistan, India and Afghanistan.
The earthquake's epicenter was located 95 km northeast of the Pakistan capital Islamabad. It is considered to be the most severe quake to strike the area in a century.
The Islamic Development Bank has pledged
a sum of US$11.8 million to help the victims of the Earthquake which ravaged
the North of Pakistan and Kashmir.
This has been announced by H.E. Dr. Ahmed Mohammed Ali, IDB President.
He added that the Bank's assistance embraces US$1.6 million as a grant to be dedicated for relief goods such as tents, medicine and food supplies, and US$ 10.2 million to contribute to the rehabilitation of the public utilities which were damaged by the earthquake.