- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Pakistan’s polio fighters lend a hand in the battle against measles
- Balochistan's accelerated learning programme gives hope to thousands of out-of-school children
- Over 500 children died in drought-hit Thar this year, Murad told
- Pakistan: Voluntary Repatriation Weekly Update | As of 19th October 2018
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, September 2018
To help the Pakistani government with further relief efforts after the earthquake disaster, the Chinese government decided to provide another RMB60 million worth of disaster relief materials to Pakistan. The handover ceremony was held in the Cabinet Secretariat of Pakistan on the afternoon of November 9. Mao Siwei, Charge d'Affaires ad Interim of the Chinese embassy in Pakistan and the Additional Secretary of Pakistan's Cabinet Secretariat signed the handover certificate on behalf of the Chinese government and the Pakistani government respectively.
China's relief aid to Pakistan has amounted to 20.5 million US dollars since the Oct. 8 earthquake struck the south Asian country, Chinese Ambassador Zhang Chunxiang said here on Saturday.
A massive earthquake of 7.8 magnitude on the Richter scale hit northern Pakistan on October 8, 2005. President Hu Jintao, Premier Wen Jiabao and Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing sent messages of condolence to Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz and Foreign Minister Khurshid Mahmood Kasuri respectively immediately after the earthquake.