- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Pakistan’s polio fighters lend a hand in the battle against measles
- UAE provides over 346 million polio vaccines to Pakistani children
- Low birth weight key cause of Thar children’s deaths, says minister
- Pakistan: Voluntary Repatriation Weekly Update | As of 19th October 2018
- Over 500 children died in drought-hit Thar this year, Murad told
EU leaders meeting at Hampton Court today expressed their sympathy and solidarity for all those affected by the South Asian earthquake. The EU is committed to supporting the UN's renewed appeal for assistance to help with the ongoing tragedy as winter approaches.
The EU and its Member States have pledged over €200m and Member States have also contributed helicopters, aircraft and engineers to the international relief effort. We stand ready to do more.
Luxembourg, 18 October 2005
The Council adopted the following conclusions:
"The European Union reiterated its sincere condolences, sympathy and solidarity to all those affected by the earthquake that struck South Asia on 8 October. The European Union remains committed to responding generously to the disaster.
The Council welcomed the swift response by the European Commission, which has now committed a total of €13.6m in humanitarian assistance, and by Member States who have committed a further €60m.