- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Security Council Press Statement on Terrorist Attack in Mastung, Pakistan, 14 July 2018
I. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
- In the past month (Epidemiological weeks 49-52 inclusive), a total of 316,896
- health events under surveillance including 32 reported deaths.
- This week, 127 of the 188 reporting units (68%) reported a total of 76,252 consultations, including 9 deaths.
- The main causes for consultations this week are Acute Respiratory Infection (22%), Acute Watery Diarrhoea (5%), and injuries (5%), followed by Fever of Unexplained Origin (4%).
- ARI continues to contribute significantly to the overall consultations in all reporting districts.
Nearly three months after Pakistan's devastating 7.6-magnitude earthquake, winter has hit hard in the mountainous regions most affected by the quake. The first two days of the new year saw blizzard conditions in the Allai Valley, with accumulations of snow reaching nearly three feet, cutting off road access into the area.
"This year has been a year like no other for humanitarian action, bracketed by devastating disasters, - the Indian Ocean Tsunami in the final days of 2004 and the South Asia earthquake of October 2005, on top of the worst hurricane season in living memory - and stretching all humanitarian agencies to their maximum capacity and beyond." (Introduction of Humanitarian Appeals 2006- 30 November 2005)
1.1 The Interagency Working Group (IWG) on Emergency Capacity is a consortium of seven NGOs undertaking a collaborative capacity-building effort. The IWG principals commissioned a Report on Emergency Capacity, which was published in July 2004. (1) The Report's findings led to the creation of the Emergency Capacity Building (ECB) Project, composed of four initiatives to improve the effectiveness of member agency work in the field.
U.S. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BUREAU FOR DEMOCRACY, CONFLICT, AND HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE (DCHA)
OFFICE OF U.S. FOREIGN DISASTER ASSISTANCE (OFDA)
CLEAN DRINKING WATER PROVIDED TO ADDITIONAL EARTHQUAKE SURVIVORS
Cologne/Islamabad. In addition to the assistance already provided for the people in the earthquake affected region in South Asia, Malteser International prepares another relief programme: Within the next days, helicopters will bring 10,000 corrugated iron sheets and isolation material into the remote Palas Valley in the Himalya region in Pakistan. The target group consists of 1,000 families, i. e. up to 8,000 people. The corrugated iron sheets will be used in order to set up winterized shelters for the families.
Silver Spring, Maryland -The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) has met the needs of 68,450 earthquake survivors in the Pakistani-administered region of Kashmir.
To help alleviate the difficulties and hardships of earthquake affected employees of Pakistan Steel, the management has decided to compensate them with non-refundable grant of Rs 50,000 per family in addition to thirty corrugated galvanized sheets per family for construction of their houses.
BRUSSELS - With a contribution of a 4 million euros from ECHO for Pakistan today, the European Commission (EC) has provided its largest contribution since 1992 - some 214 million euros - to the United Nations World Food Programme's (WFP) operations around the globe in its effort to save lives and feed the hungry poor.
ISLAMABAD, Dec 30 (Reuters) - An avalanche in northwestern Pakistan caused by an earthquake aftershock has killed 24 people, police said on Friday.
The U.S. helicopters have exceeded a major milestone in delivering more than 14 million pounds of humanitarian assistance since helicopter operations started on October 10 in the affected areas.
The business community of Sialkot will soon provide machinery worth over Rs.30 million to a 100-bed hospital in Balakot.
The State Bank of Pakistan has initiated a voluntary scheme for contribution from export proceeds to the noble cause of helping the earthquake victims of northern areas of Pakistan and Azad Kashmir.
Islamabad (dpa) - A senior U.S. military official Thursday said his country would ensure availability of helicopters in an "appropriate number" to support relief operations of the Pakistani government in the country's quake-hit regions.
Eschborn, 29.12.05. Many villages in Pakistan's Siran Valley at the foot of the Himalayas were almost completely levelled by the earthquake on 8 October. In cooperation with the Pakistan NGO HAASHAR, GTZ had over 2,300 igloo-like tents with metal roofing constructed by Christmas. "These have space for up to eight people, withstand earthquakes, are so robust that they can withstand even four metres of snow, and provide insulation against the cold," reports Ingolf Vereno, GTZ Country Director in Pakistan.