- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- UNHCR Pakistan Factsheet - July 2018
- Pakistan: Voluntary Repatriation Weekly Update (As of 10th August 2018)
- Asia and the Pacific: Weekly Regional Humanitarian Snapshot (7 - 14 August 2018)
- Pakistan: Surge in Militant Attacks on Schools
- Pakistan: Operational Presence in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - Who, What, Where, When (4W matrix) Jan to Jun 2018
Flooding recorded in the Sahel, while dryness strengthens in Ethiopia
The forecast for abovenormal rains during the outlook period is likely to cause flooding in Mali, Burkina Faso, and western Niger.
Several weeks of above-average rainfall has damaged infrastructure and caused fatalities in Sudan. Continuing rainfall may trigger additional floods through mid-August.
Funding Required: $25.41B
Funding Received: $9.39B
Unmet Requirements: $16.02B
People in need: 134.0M
People to receive aid: 95.8M
Countries affected: 41
Global Overview JULY 2018
Geneva – IOM, the UN Migration Agency, reports that 55,001 migrants and refugees entered Europe by sea through 25 July 2018. That total compares to 111,753 at this time last year, and over 250,000 at this time in 2016.
Arrivals to Spain this month have overtaken those to Italy. To date just over 38 per cent of all Mediterranean irregular migrants have come via the Western Mediterranean route, whose irregular migration volume has more than tripled those registered at this time last year.
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
Torrential rains trigger flooding in Nigeria
Africa Weather Hazards
- During mid-July, torrential rains in Nigeria triggered floods, damages to infrastructure and fatalities in the Ogun and Katsina states. Heavy rainfall is forecast to continue over northern Nigeria during the next seven days.
Heavy rainfall continues over the Sahel region
Rainfall continues in the Sahel, no weather hazards reported over Africa
Rainfall continues over the Sahel
Funding required: $25.39 B
Funding received: $8.71 B
Unmet requirements: 16.68 B
People in need: 134.0 M
People to receive aid: 96.2 M
Countries affected: 40
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
Global Overview JUNE 2018
Global Humanitarian Overview 2018: six months on
As of 15 June 2018, 21 Humanitarian Response Plans (HRP) and the Syria Regional Refugee & Resilience Plan (3RP) require US$25.39 billion to assist 96.2 million highly vulnerable people.
Gulf of Guinea is abnormally dry, while areas of Kenya remain at risk for flooding
Africa Weather Hazards
Poorly-distributed rain during the March-May rainfall season has led to large moisture deficits in southeastern Tigray and eastern Amhara regions of Ethiopia.
A slow onset to seasonal rainfall and consistent limited rain over the past several weeks has maintained moisture deficits and caused abnormal dryness over the Gulf of Guinea countries.
Les problèmes liés au pâturage et les répercussions du conflit sur le commerce de bétail contribuent à faire augmenter les souffrances liées à la faim chez les éleveurs ouest-africains
This overview documents presents the data from the fifth Safeguarding Health in Conflict Coalition (SHCC) report.