- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- Pakistan: UNHCR, partners supporting refugee communities to become self-reliant
- WHO EMRO Weekly Epidemiological Monitor: Volume 11, Issue 52 (30 December 2018)
- Another Polio case reported from Bajaur
- Pakistan Meteorological Department Percentage Departure of Rainfall (mm) for December 2018
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, December 2018
NEW YORK, 28 September 2015 - An estimated 500,000 newborn lives have been saved and 100 million women and their newborns protected from the deadly disease, maternal and newborn tetanus, thanks to a ten-year long partnership between Pampers® and UNICEF that helped achieve this milestone.
The partners marked the tenth anniversary of their work today by celebrating the contributions of their joint effort that has helped in the elimination of maternal and newborn tetanus in 17 countries, with the success of the ‘1 Pack = 1 Vaccine’ initiative.
De nouvelles données recueillies au niveau mondial mettent en évidence la prévalence de la violence envers les enfants, déclare l’UNICEF
NEW YORK, 4 septembre 2014 – La plus importante collecte de données jamais effectuée sur la violence envers les enfants révèle l’ampleur stupéfiante des sévices physiques, sexuels et psychologiques qu’ils subissent et met en évidence les attitudes qui perpétuent et justifient cette violence, véritablement « cachée sous nos yeux » dans chaque pays et communauté du monde.
NEW YORK/GENEVA, 15 September 2011 – The number of children under five years of age dying each year declined from more than 12 million in 1990 to 7.6 million in 2010, UNICEF and the World Health Organization said today, releasing the latest estimates on worldwide child mortality.
These new figures show that compared to 1990, around 12,000 more children’s lives are saved each day.
Asia and the Pacific
Problem Statement/Context: The Asia Pacific region has an emergency profile characterized by a combination of natural disasters, civil/political unrest with pockets of conflict situations, and recent emerging new global threats such as high food and fuel prices crisis, the threat of pandemic influenza and other emerging diseases.