Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Release of the 2011-12 Annual Review of Aid Effectiveness
The inaugural Annual Review of Aid Effectiveness was released today by Foreign Minister Bob Carr. This new and important document is part of a suite of reforms flowing from the 2011 Independent Review of Aid Effectiveness. Its purpose is to inform Cabinet discussion of the four-year budget strategy outlined in the Comprehensive Aid Policy Framework and report on the aid program’s performance against the Framework.
8 May 2012
Foreign Minister Bob Carr today announced the introduction of a Comprehensive Aid Policy Framework which will guide the growth of the Australian aid budget over the next four years.
'Australia's commitment to international development efforts is contributing to real results,' Mr Carr said.
'Poverty is decreasing in every region of the world, but more remains to be done.
In November 2010, the Government commissioned the first independent review of the aid program in 15 years. Its purpose was to assess the effectiveness of our current program and recommend how we can make it even better as it grows.
The "Independent Review of Aid Effectiveness" and the Government’s response were released on 6 July 2011 by Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd, in an official launch at Parliament House, followed by a Ministerial Statement to Parliament.