Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
With tens of millions more people each year suffering from weather-related devastation, development planning must take disaster preparedness into account, Margareta Wahlström, United Nations Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator said at a Headquarters press conference this afternoon.
"There is a greater occurrence of extreme events," Ms. Wahlström said as she briefed correspondents on the surge of flooding in South Asia and elsewhere.