- ADB: Climate Change Profile of Pakistan, 24 Aug 2017
- WFP Pakistan Country Brief, July 2017
- UNICEF Pakistan: Humanitarian Situation Report, 1 January – 30 June 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - South Asia
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Country-based Pooled Fund
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Arrivals to Europe in First half of 2017
In the first half of 2017, 16,524 children arrived in Greece, Italy, Spain and Bulgaria, of whom 11,918 (72%) were unaccompanied or separated children (UASC).
In the first half of 2017, 3,020 children arrived to Greece by sea, including 411 (14%) UASC, a 95% decrease compared to the first half of 2016 (60,089).
UNHCR in 2017 – by the numbers
As of September 2017, UNHCR’s budget is at an historic high of $7.763 billion, which is currently 46% funded
This growth is concurrent with the unabated levels of global displacement, with 67.7 million people of concern to UNHCR worldwide.
The funding gap is widening, now standing at 54%. Based on indications received from donors and analysis of funding trends, UNHCR estimates the gap may reduce to 47% by year’s end.
Total (observed) arrivals – September: 654
Total (observed) arrivals - August: 351
Total (observed) arrivals of unaccompanied/separated children - September: 26
Total (observed) arrivals of unaccompanied/separated children - August: 39
Total occupancy of government centres – end September: 3,900
Total occupancy of government centres - end August: 3,900
145,355 Arrivals by sea in 2017
363,401 Arrivals in 2017
2,776 Dead / Missing
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue of the ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) covers the period 8-14 October 2017 and includes updates on Legionnaires' disease, influenza, rubella, measles, West Nile fever, chikungunya, cholera and plague.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This report is a comprehensive presentation of all data on migration gathered through IOM’s DTM programme for July-August.
11 October 2017, Islamabad, Pakistan -- On the first day of the regular session of the 64th Regional Committee of the Eastern Mediterranean, the Regional Director’s annual report for 2016, health emergencies and polio eradication were at the core of the discussions.
This document provides an overview of responses to the Global Shelter Cluster (GSC) online survey, conducted in preparation for the annual GSC Meeting. Findings are based on a total of 106 responses, as of 26 September 2017.
Action on Armed Violence (AOAV) recorded 3,328 deaths and injuries from explosive violence around the world in September 2017, as reported in English-language media. Civilians accounted for 68% (2,256) of the deaths and injuries recorded.
140,538 Arrivals by sea in 2017
363,401 Arrivals in 20106
2,754 Dead / Missing
Highlights and Statistics
- UNHCR and partners observed a continued rise of new arrivals, when they assisted 272 new asylum-seekers (compared to 188 last week), mostly Yasidi or Kurdish families from Iraq (below chart refers).
- On 08 October, 4,361 new refugees, asylum-seekers and migrants were counted in Serbia, of which 3,888 were housed in 18 governmental centres (please see also the Joint Assessment of Government Centres).
New on polioeradication.org: Expanding Social Mobilization Approaches To Protect Every Last Child.
139,763 Arrivals by sea in 2017
363,401 Arrivals in 20106
2,726 Dead / Missing