Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UNHCR supports Pakistan, Afghanistan to secure sustainable solutions for Afghan refugees
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Pakistan on the brink of winning the war against polio
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
Estimaciones globales sobre la inseguridad alimentaria aguda en 2017
• Alrededor de 124 millones de personas en 51 países se enfrentan a una situación de Crisis de inseguridad alimentaria o peor (equivalente o superior a la fase 3 del IPC/CH) y requieren una acción humanitaria urgente para salvar vidas, proteger los medios de vida y reducir los niveles de hambre y desnutrición aguda.
Estimations mondiales de l’insécurité alimentaire aiguë en 2017
• Environ 124 millions de personnes vivant dans 51 pays sont en situation d’insécurité alimentaire de Crise ou pire (Phase 3 ou pire de l’IPC ou du CH ou équivalent) et requièrent une action humanitaire urgente afin de sauver des vies, protéger les moyens d’existence et réduire les déficits de consommation alimentaire et la malnutrition aiguë.
Acute food insecurity global estimates in 2017
• Around 124 million people in 51 countries face Crisis food insecurity or worse (equivalent of IPC/CH Phase 3 or above). They require urgent humanitarian action to save lives, protect livelihoods, and reduce hunger and malnutrition.
Geneva – IOM, the UN Migration Agency, reports that 12,983 migrants and refugees have entered Europe by sea through the first 11 weeks of 2018, with about 47 per cent arriving in Italy and the remainder divided between Greece (30%) Spain (22%) and Cyprus (less than 1%). This compares with 21,058 at this point in 2017.
High levels of food insecurity persist in the world, due largely to conflicts and to adverse climatic shocks that are taking a toll, particularly in East African and Near East countries, where large numbers of people continue to be in need of humanitarian assistance, a new FAO report notes. Some 37 countries are in need of external assistance for food, unchanged from three months ago, according to the Crop Prospects and Food Situation report issued today.
Investment surpasses April 2016 commitment three years ahead of schedule
WASHINGTON, March 7, 2018 – The World Bank Group (WBG) has invested US$3.2 billion over the past two years in education projects benefiting adolescent girls, surpassing its April 2016 commitment to invest US$2.5 billion over five years, the organization announced today on the eve of International Women’s Day.
COUNTRIES REQUIRING EXTERNAL ASSISTANCE FOR FOOD
FAO assesses that globally 37 countries are in need of external assistance for food.
Conflicts continue to be the main factor driving the high levels of severe food insecurity.
Weather shocks have also adversely impacted food availability and access, notably in East Africa.
In the 17th round of DTM Libya data collection taking place in January and February 2018, IOM identified 704,142 migrants in Libya. Migrants were identified in 99 baladiyas and 551 muhallas and originating from up to 40 countries.
In addition to those identified in urban and rural settings migrants in Libya were also recorded in detention centers. Based on DTM’s latest data, the number of migrants in Libya’s Detention Centers is 4,443 individuals (15/02/18)*.
To improve health of women and girls in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Central America, Grand Challenges Canada and partners launch or scale-up 18 projects, bring Canada's new Feminist International Assistance Policy to life.
Toronto - Grand Challenges Canada today announced 18 projects extending innovative forms of health-related lifelines to some of humanity's most acutely impoverished, neglected and vulnerable women and girls, supported by the Government of Canada through Global Affairs Canada.
An analysis based on actual persons registered in the UNHCR refugee database (proGres)
This monthly digest comprises threats and incidents of violence affecting the delivery of humanitarian assistance. It is prepared by Insecurity Insight from information available in open sources.
13 November 2017: Save the Children announced that it had fired 16 staff over reports of sexual violence in the past year. Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
This report is part of IOM’s effort to provide a comprehensive statistical overview of Libya’s current migration profile. DTM Libya’s Migrant statistical information package includes the below report, accompanied by a comprehensive user-friendly dataset and a key findings one pager.
CHAPTER 1: MIGRANT STOCK BASELINE
During October – November 2017 DTM Libya’s Mobility Tracking identified 432,574 migrants* across all 22 mantikas (regions) in Libya. Migrants were identified in 99 baladiyas and 531 muhallas.
At the beginning of 2017, progress continued towards each of the Endgame Plan’s four objectives. The world has never been closer to eradicating polio, with fewer cases in fewer areas of fewer countries than at any time in the past.
2017 in brief
7 décembre 2017 – Trente-sept pays, dont 29 se trouvant en Afrique, ont besoin d'une aide alimentaire externe, a mis en garde jeudi l'Organisation des Nations Unies pour l'alimentation et l'agriculture (FAO) dans son dernier rapport sur les 'Perspectives de récolte et la situation alimentaire'.
Pays nécessitant une aide alimentaire extérieure
Strong cereal harvests are keeping global food supplies buoyant, but localised drought, flooding and protracted conflicts have intensified and perpetuated food insecurity, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report. Some 37 countries, 29 of which are in Africa, require external assistance for food, according to the report.