Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- UNHCR supports Pakistan, Afghanistan to secure sustainable solutions for Afghan refugees
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update (January - August 2017)
- Pakistan: Refugee Affected and Hosting Areas RAHA | 2009 - 2017
- Pakistan on the brink of winning the war against polio
- Japan provides additional funds to support Pakistan regional polio laboratory
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
GENEVA, 4 November 2015 - Singapore and the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) have teamed up to strengthen the disaster risk management capacity of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) and other countries that are on the front line of climate change.
(New York: 30 November 2005): United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan today called for $4.7 billion to provide urgent support to 31 million people in humanitarian emergencies in 26 countries worldwide.
THE SECRETARY-GENERAL FOREWORD TO THE HUMANITARIAN APPEAL 2006
The past year has been a wretched one for millions of disaster victims. It dawned with the Indian Ocean tsunami, saw a hurricane season unrivalled in living memory strike the Americas, and included South Asia’s devastating earthquake. Through it all, other tragic crises persisted in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Like never before, the year stretched and tested the capabilities of aid agencies, and the will of survivors.