Appeals & Response Plans
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Measles cases on the rise in several districts in Sindh
- Is Karachi ready to fight the next big heatwave?
- Gilgit-Baltistan partnership in disaster risk management: key effort in enabling mountain people understand and respond to consequences of climate change
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (18 - 24 March 2018)
- Pakistan: KP and FATA - Areas of Displacement, Hosting and Returns as of 28 February 2018
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This year, World Water Day (March 22) highlights the importance of international efforts to preserve and protect the world’s shared water resources.
The United Nations has declared 2013 the International Year of Water Cooperation. According to UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon: ‘Water is central to the well-being of people and the planet, we must work together to protect and carefully manage this fragile, finite resource.’