- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan: Polio Update - May 2018
- The Impact of Explosive Violence on Students and Education in Kashmir
- Pakistan’s Climate Resilience Receives Boost with World Bank Support for Water, Environment and Cities
- First ever national food security policy launched
- Farmers unable to cope with shocks induced by climate change
In India, unseasonal rains damaged 8.5 million hectares of crops, mainly wheat. The Government has responded mainly by increasing input subsidies and facilitating the processing of insurance claims.
Thailand has launched a loan relief programme for affected farmers through the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives.
In Pakistan, potato prices have fallen by 45 percent year on year as farmers switch from growing wheat to potatoes.