- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Security Council Press Statement on Terrorist Attack in Mastung, Pakistan, 14 July 2018
- Swiss Embassy, ADB Sign Agreement to Support National Disaster Risk Management Fund
New UK aid package will help governments in developing countries stamp out corruption and improve accountability.
A new UK aid package will help governments in developing countries stamp out corruption and improve accountability, Minister of State for International Development Harriett Baldwin announced yesterday (Thursday 19 July).
It is estimated that up to £2 trillion is lost globally to corruption every year, which reduces the amount that governments can invest in vital services such as healthcare and education.
48,300 in Q1+Q2 2018
102,800 in Q1+Q2 2017
178,500 in 2017
362,300 in 2016
Dead and Missing
1,288 in Q1+Q2 2018
2,301 in Q1+Q2 2017
3,139 in 2017
5,096 in 2016
Torrential rains trigger flooding in Nigeria
Africa Weather Hazards
- During mid-July, torrential rains in Nigeria triggered floods, damages to infrastructure and fatalities in the Ogun and Katsina states. Heavy rainfall is forecast to continue over northern Nigeria during the next seven days.
Heavy rainfall continues over the Sahel region
The Minister of Health of Papua New Guinea officially launched the outbreak response campaign on 16 July in Morobe, Madang and Eastern Highlands provinces.
Summary of new viruses this week: advance notification of one wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) case in Afghanistan in Kunar province. In Nigeria, one new case of circulating vaccine-derived poliovirus type 2 (cVDPV2) as well as three confirmed and two advanced notice cVDPV2 positive environmental samples. See country sections below for more details.
This report takes a detailed look at the current status of childhood immunization in 10 priority countries: Afghanistan, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan and Uganda.
Rainfall continues in the Sahel, no weather hazards reported over Africa
Rainfall continues over the Sahel
The world’s uprooted children will ignite a new generation of wars. Can we prevent it?
By: Kathleen Kuehnast, Ph.D.
Funding required: $25.39 B
Funding received: $8.71 B
Unmet requirements: 16.68 B
People in need: 134.0 M
People to receive aid: 96.2 M
Countries affected: 40
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION,
Having regard to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EC) No 1257/96 of 20 June 1996 concerning humanitarian aid1 , and in particular Article 2, Article 4 and Article 15(2) and (3) thereof,
Having regard to Council Decision 2013/755/EU of 25 November 2013 on the association of the overseas countries and territories with the European Union ('Overseas Association Decision')2 , and in particular Article 79 thereof,
While there is room for disagreement about migration policy, the humanitarian imperative means that we must never needlessly sacrifice the survival and dignity of any vulnerable people, including migrants.
In the framework of the EU-TUR Statement. Source: Press Releases, Greek Ministry of Citizen Protection.
The majority of those returned to Turkey are Pakistani nationals (40 per cent of total). Syrians constitute 18 per cent of the total number of those returned, and are followed by Algerians, Bangladeshis and Afghans.
In total, 290 Syrians have been returned to Turkey to date. 27 of them have been returned on the basis that their asylum claims were found inadmissible at 2nd instance.
Global Overview JUNE 2018
- Featured on www.polioeradication.org: World leaders reaffirm commitment to polio eradication at G7 Summit.
- The Republic of Korea becomes the first donor to support polio outbreak response in the Horn of Africa. cVDPV outbreak in Papua New Guinea. For further information see the country section below.
Secretary-General’s ‘List of Shame’ Should Reflect Report Findings
(New York) – The United Nations secretary-general’s new report on children and armed conflict sets a damaging precedent by ignoring or downplaying some countries’ abuses in his annual “list of shame,” Human Rights Watch said today.
Diana de la Rúa Eugenio Presidenta de la Fundación International Peace Research Association (IPRA)
El año 2018 tiene escenarios multicomplejos y multisectoriales que desafían a encararlos con miradas creativas y adaptadas a las necesidades reales y percibidas para tener la oportunidad de brindar sugerencias y propuestas que transformen las dificultades en procesos inclusivos y positivos.
Diana de la Rúa Eugenio
President of the International Peace Research
Association Foundation (IPRA Foundation)
The year 2018 has multi-complex and multi-sectorial scenarios that must be studied through creative approaches that are adapted to the real and perceived needs, so as to bring suggestions and proposals that transform the difficulties into inclusive and positive processes.