- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read (last 30 days)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Afghan refugees likely to get sixth extension in their stay
- Pakistan: KP and FATA - Areas of Displacement, Hosting and Returns as of 30 November 2017
- UAE provided 43 million Pakistani children with polio vaccine by end of 2017
- Germany provides additional critically-needed funds to Pakistan
This report covers the period January to July 2011
Programme outcome: To further strengthen National Societies to deliver appropriate and timely disaster and crises preparedness, response and recovery assistance to vulnerable people.
Highlights Countries in this issue: - International prices of wheat decreased for the third consecutive month but those of rice continue to increase.
UNESCO’s post-disaster response
A series of severe natural disasters in all parts of the world marked 2010 with tragic consequences. These events tested to the full UNESCO’s capacities for rapid response. The Organization participated in 15 of the 25 humanitarian appeals launched by the United Nations, with project proposals in 13 post-conflict and post-disaster countries and regions. Some of these initiatives are described below.
Meanwhile, post-conflict and post-disaster work continued in many other countries, including Iraq and Afghanistan.