- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- 25pc increase in refusals recorded during anti-polio drive in Islamabad
- Govt indifferent to rising suicide trend in drought-hit Thar
- Protecting the rights of older people with disabilities among Afghan refugees in Pakistan
- Winter suspension of facilitated voluntary repatriation from Pakistan
- Pakistan: Sindh Overview Map (as of 03 April 2018)
This report covers the period January to July 2011
Programme outcome: To further strengthen National Societies to deliver appropriate and timely disaster and crises preparedness, response and recovery assistance to vulnerable people.
Highlights Countries in this issue: - International prices of wheat decreased for the third consecutive month but those of rice continue to increase.
UNESCO’s post-disaster response
A series of severe natural disasters in all parts of the world marked 2010 with tragic consequences. These events tested to the full UNESCO’s capacities for rapid response. The Organization participated in 15 of the 25 humanitarian appeals launched by the United Nations, with project proposals in 13 post-conflict and post-disaster countries and regions. Some of these initiatives are described below.
Meanwhile, post-conflict and post-disaster work continued in many other countries, including Iraq and Afghanistan.