- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- Pakistan: Overview of Afghan Refugee Population and UNHCR Operational Presence | As of 31st of August, 2018
- World Report 2018 - Pakistan: Events of 2017
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugee Update - As of 31st of August, 2018
- Restoring Self–Reliance: Support for Self-reliance and Livelihoods Projects in Asia - Annual Report 2017
- Pakistan: Surge in Militant Attacks on Schools
This report covers the period January to July 2011
Programme outcome: To further strengthen National Societies to deliver appropriate and timely disaster and crises preparedness, response and recovery assistance to vulnerable people.
Highlights Countries in this issue: - International prices of wheat decreased for the third consecutive month but those of rice continue to increase.
UNESCO’s post-disaster response
A series of severe natural disasters in all parts of the world marked 2010 with tragic consequences. These events tested to the full UNESCO’s capacities for rapid response. The Organization participated in 15 of the 25 humanitarian appeals launched by the United Nations, with project proposals in 13 post-conflict and post-disaster countries and regions. Some of these initiatives are described below.
Meanwhile, post-conflict and post-disaster work continued in many other countries, including Iraq and Afghanistan.