- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Most read reports
- Pakistan: Overview of Afghan Refugee Population and UNHCR Operational Presence | As of 31st of August, 2018
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugee Update - As of 31st of August, 2018
- Restoring Self–Reliance: Support for Self-reliance and Livelihoods Projects in Asia - Annual Report 2017
- In Pakistan, a high mountain water pipe brings a bonus: peace
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees Registration Update | As of 31st of August, 2018
What government is today's champion of human rights? Washington's potentially powerful voice no longer resonates after the US government's use of detention without trial and interrogation by torture. The administration of President George W. Bush can still promote "democracy"-the word it uses to avoid raising the thorny subject of human rights-but it cannot credibly advocate rights that it flouts.
As America's influence wanes, China's waxes. Yet China is hardly a leader on human rights.
Information available as of 15 August 1999 was used in preparing this report.