- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Heavy Snowfalls - Jan 2017
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Jun 2016
- Pakistan: Floods and Landslides - Mar 2016
- Afghanistan/Pakistan: Earthquake - Oct 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Apr 2015
- Pakistan: Floods - Sep 2014
- Pakistan: Drought - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Polio Outbreak - 2014-2017
- Pakistan: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2013
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Government of Pakistan launches US$37 million UNDP-supported project to protect some 30 million people from dangerous glacial lake outburst floods and other climate change impacts
- Aga Khan Agency for Habitat and World Food Programme work to build capacity in disaster preparedness and response
- Pakistan: Afghan Refugees and Undocumented Afghans Repatriation (10 - 16 June 2018)
- Pakistan - Complex Emergency Fact Sheet #3, Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
- Security Council Press Statement on Terrorist Attack in Mastung, Pakistan, 14 July 2018
New dimensions of DARA
Press Release No:2011/102/SAR
Sixty-fifth General Assembly
- As Pakistan's Waters Recede, USAID Commitment Grows
- Shah Visits Flood-Ravaged Areas
- Innovation in Spotlight at UN General Assembly
- Interview with Kathy Calvin, CEO, UN Foundation
- Nigeria Pushes Polio to the Brink
- Insights from Administrator Dr.
In 2010, Internews Network commits to deepening the innovative use of new technologies in its future emergency and humanitarian media response programs, enabling disaster affected populations better access to humanitarian media information.
Welcoming the General Assembly's accomplishments over the past 12 months - especially the spirit of consensus shown by Member States on issues ranging from achievement of the Millennium Development Goals to ensuring long-term support for disaster-struck Haiti and Pakistan - Ali Abdussalam Treki, the 192-member body's outgoing President, today said there was nevertheless "room for improvement," especially to strengthen it's working methods and reassert its authority on the international stage.
"If we want the United Nations not to be on the periphery of the …
Haiti earthquake emergency
Church World Service is providing emergency supplies for distribution by our local partners in Port-au-Prince in the wake of the devastating January 12 quake.
CWS assists flood survivors in Pakistan and India
Storm-induced flooding has caused widespread displacement in parts of Pakistan, particularly along the coastal regions of Sindh and Balochistan provinces.
Church World Service is providing assistance to more than 20,000 households in Gadap town and Karachi, Sindh Province; Thatta District, Sindh Province; and Turbat District, Balochistan Province. Assistance includes reconstruction materials for 1,300 of the families; preventive and curative health services for 33,750 people and vaccinations for 15,000 through five mobile …
This week 's report covers the following sectors:Agriculture, Coordination and Support Services, Food, Health, Refugees and IDPs, Shelter and Non-food Items, Security
On Thursday evening the Storting allocated an additional NOK 300 million for relief efforts in Pakistan, Central America and Africa.
International Development Minister Erik Solheim is concerned that the tragic situation in the wake of the earthquake in Pakistan may deteriorate into one of the greatest humanitarian crises we have faced.
- Winter is approaching. The relief workers are fighting against the clock. We all have an obligation to do whatever we can to save lives, said Mr Solheim.