Most read reports
- Netherlands: Processing times increase length of asylum procedures
- Put humanity at the core of EU asylum policy
- Netherlands: Location Map (2013)
- She Decides funds for women in Ethiopia, Yemen, Mali, Bangladesh and Mozambique
- Rotterdam, The Netherlands: A case study from: Migrant and Refugee Integration in Global Cities, The Role of Cities and Businesses
By Ray Smith
LUCERNE, Switzerland , Sep 12 2013 (IPS) - Refugee rights organisations are demanding an EU-wide temporary protection regime for Syrian refugees. The announcement by some countries that they can take a few thousand refugees is not enough, the groups say.
Sweden has announced a few steps after the number of Syrian refugees seeking shelter abroad has crossed the two million mark in early September.