Most read reports
- UN experts express concern about racial bias in Dutch child welfare system
- Negotiating place, culture and new Dutch identities: Inclusion, exclusion and belonging in a grassroots refugee integration organisation in Utrecht, the Netherlands
- Netherlands: Processing times increase length of asylum procedures
- Netherlands must curb immigration detention and counter-terrorism measures
- She Decides funds for women in Ethiopia, Yemen, Mali, Bangladesh and Mozambique
By Ray Smith
LUCERNE, Switzerland , Sep 12 2013 (IPS) - Refugee rights organisations are demanding an EU-wide temporary protection regime for Syrian refugees. The announcement by some countries that they can take a few thousand refugees is not enough, the groups say.
Sweden has announced a few steps after the number of Syrian refugees seeking shelter abroad has crossed the two million mark in early September.