Appeals & Response Plans
- Nigeria: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Nigeria: Floods - Aug 2017
- Nigeria: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Jun 2017
- Nigeria: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2017
- Nigeria: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Nigeria: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Nigeria: Measles Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
Most read reports
- Nigeria: A critical humanitarian situation is unfolding among internally displaced people in Bama, Borno State
- Nigeria: Adamawa Health Sector Working Group Bulletin - July 2018
- Emergency Update: Cameroonian Refugee Situation, Nigeria (16 - 31 July 2018)
- Preventing malaria amid the ongoing humanitarian crisis in northeastern Nigeria
- Borno State Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) Nigeria Emergency Response W32 2018 (Aug 06-Aug 12)
"Responding to the appeal made by the Secretary General of the United Nations, Antonio Guterres, we have arranged, through Italian Cooperation, a package of humanitarian aid worth 10 million euros in response to the very serious food crisis that is endangering the survival of 20 million people in Yemen, South Sudan, Nigeria and Somalia, including 1.4 million children under 5 with acute malnutrition problems".
Italy has allocated 6.3 million euros for emergency actions in the four countries of the Lake Chad Basin, namely Nigeria, Cameroun, Chad and Niger, which are facing the consequences of Boko Haram's radical and extremist violence. The actions will be carried out by Italian civil society organisations and other non-profit stakeholders working in the four Countries.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has approved the allocation of 3.5 million euros to support UNHCR’s emergency interventions in Yemen, the Central African Republic and Cameroon. The three interventions are being shared with the newly-established Italian Agency for Development Cooperation.
We, the leaders of the G7, met in Elmau for our annual Summit on 7 and 8 June 2015. Guided by our shared values and principles, we are determined to work closely together to meet the complex international economic and political challenges of our times. We are committed to the values of freedom and democracy, and their universality, to the rule of law and respect for human rights, and to fostering peace and security. Especially in view of the numerous crises in the world, we as G7 nations stand united in our commitment to uphold freedom, sovereignty and territorial integrity.
A flight carrying a shipment of humanitarian aid from the Italian Cooperation left the UNHRD logistical base in Brindisi earmarked for the thousands of internally displaced persons of Cameroon and Nigerian refugees — UN estimates cite 74,000 — who have fled to northern Cameroon to escape the violence of the fundamentalist terror group Boko Haram.
The shipment includes essentials such as tents, emergency generators, water sanitising kits, water tanks and jugs, blankets, healthcare kits, hygiene kits, camp kitchens and provisions. The Italian NGO INTERSOS will handle distribution.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has outlined an approximately 1.5 million eo emergency intervention programme to fight the Ebola epidemic affecting some Western African countries.
The Italian Cooperation has earmarked 240,000 euro for the World Health Organisation (WHO) to send doctors, medical supplies and equipment, and boost epidemiological surveillance and provide logistical support and coordination to emergency response activities.
The foreign ministry will be participating through its Directorate General for Development Cooperation, in the humanitarian mission "Ridare la luce 2009" (Bring back the light), to be held in the Republic of Mali from 24 November to 10 December 2009 for the treatment of the people of the Sahel desert for eye diseases and, beginning this year, for general surgical operations and the exchange of knowledge on new operating techniques between Italian and Malian doctors and nurses.
The mission is being carried out in coordination and collaboration with its creator, NGO …