Appeals & Response Plans
- Nigeria: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Nigeria: Floods - Aug 2017
- Nigeria: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Jun 2017
- Nigeria: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2017
- Nigeria: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Nigeria: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Nigeria: Measles Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
Most read (last 30 days)
- Nigeria's Lassa fever outbreak contained, but continued vigilance needed
- Largest cholera vaccine drive in history to target spike in outbreaks
- UN Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria condemns deadly suicide attacks in Mubi, North-East Nigeria
- Policy paper - Through our eyes: People’s perspectives on building peace in northeast Nigeria (April 2018)
- North-East Nigeria: Humanitarian Situation Update - Progress on key activities from the 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan, March 2018
BAGHDAD, 20 April 2018 - The Government of Japan has announced that it will fund a project to enhance youth employability among Syrian refugees, internally displaced persons and host communities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. This is one of eight new projects implemented by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Liberia, Nigeria, Somalia and the Syrian Arab Republic, with Japanese funding totaling US$5.2m.
The Sardauna Local Government Area is a remote place in the extreme southeast of Taraba State in Nigeria. Sitting atop the vast Mambilla plateau which borders the Republic of Cameroon, it is a two-day drive away from the capital Abuja.
In 2001 and 2002, poverty, unemployment and disputes over land and mineral deposits led to a series of clashes between the different ethnicities and forced some 38,000 Nigerians to flee to Cameroon.
ABUJA, 9 May 2013 - At the request of Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) today presented investment opportunities in the staple crop processing zones in the country.