Appeals & Response Plans
- Nigeria: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Nigeria: Floods - Aug 2017
- Nigeria: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Jun 2017
- Nigeria: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2017
- Nigeria: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Nigeria: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Nigeria: Measles Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
Most read reports
- Nigeria: A critical humanitarian situation is unfolding among internally displaced people in Bama, Borno State
- Nigeria: Adamawa Health Sector Working Group Bulletin - July 2018
- Preventing malaria amid the ongoing humanitarian crisis in northeastern Nigeria
- Borno State Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) Nigeria Emergency Response W32 2018 (Aug 06-Aug 12)
- Emergency Update: Cameroonian Refugee Situation, Nigeria (16 - 31 July 2018)
BAGHDAD, 20 April 2018 - The Government of Japan has announced that it will fund a project to enhance youth employability among Syrian refugees, internally displaced persons and host communities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. This is one of eight new projects implemented by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in Ethiopia, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Liberia, Nigeria, Somalia and the Syrian Arab Republic, with Japanese funding totaling US$5.2m.
The Sardauna Local Government Area is a remote place in the extreme southeast of Taraba State in Nigeria. Sitting atop the vast Mambilla plateau which borders the Republic of Cameroon, it is a two-day drive away from the capital Abuja.
In 2001 and 2002, poverty, unemployment and disputes over land and mineral deposits led to a series of clashes between the different ethnicities and forced some 38,000 Nigerians to flee to Cameroon.
ABUJA, 9 May 2013 - At the request of Nigeria’s Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) today presented investment opportunities in the staple crop processing zones in the country.