Appeals & Response Plans
- Nigeria: Yellow Fever Outbreak - Sep 2017
- Nigeria: Floods - Aug 2017
- Nigeria: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Jun 2017
- Nigeria: Cholera Outbreak - Jun 2017
- Nigeria: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2017
- West Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Nigeria: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Dec 2016
- Nigeria: Measles Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Benin/Nigeria/Togo: Lassa Fever Outbreak - Jan 2016
Maps & Infographics
Most read (last 30 days)
- Nigeria's Lassa fever outbreak contained, but continued vigilance needed
- Largest cholera vaccine drive in history to target spike in outbreaks
- UN Humanitarian Coordinator in Nigeria condemns deadly suicide attacks in Mubi, North-East Nigeria
- North-East Nigeria: Humanitarian Situation Update - Progress on key activities from the 2018 Humanitarian Response Plan, March 2018
- Policy paper - Through our eyes: People’s perspectives on building peace in northeast Nigeria (April 2018)
-La Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional (AECID) aportó, en 2017, más de 40 millones de euros de ayuda dirigida a las poblaciones más vulnerables afectadas por crisis humanitarias
-La Ayuda Humanitaria española atendió también en 2017 las crisis alimentarias en Nigeria, Somalia, Sudán del Sur y Yemen, a poblaciones refugiadas y a las afectadas por huracanes e inundaciones y por el terremoto de México.
Reflections on Current Challenges and Future Prospects
Special Report by Susan Hayward
The field of religious peacebuilding has begun to move closer to the mainstream of conflict resolution practice and theory. The 2011 unrest in the Middle East and North Africa—the Arab Spring—reflects ongoing challenges and opportunities for the field.
Committee on NGOs
24th & 25th Meetings (AM & PM)
Completing its fourth day of the resumed 2011 session, the Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) today recommended special consultative status for 25 entities to the Economic and Social Council, and postponed consideration of 26 additional groups until the Committee receive answers to its outstanding questions.
Committee on the Rights of the Child
ROUNDUP 11 June 2010
Issues Conclusions on Reports of Argentina, Belgium, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Grenada, Japan, Nigeria, Tunisia, Colombia and Serbia
The Committee on the Rights of the Child today concluded its three-week fifty-fourth session after issuing its concluding observations and recommendations on 18 reports, from 9 countries, which it considered in parallel chambers over the course of the session.
In closing remarks, Yanghee Lee, the Committee Chairperson, noted that, during its fifty-fourth session, …
20 May 2010
Situation of Child Rights in Argentina, Belgium, Colombia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Grenada, Guatemala, Japan, Nigeria, Serbia and Tunisia be Reviewed
The Committee on the Rights of the Child will meet at the Palais Wilson in Geneva from 25 May to 11 June to review the promotion and protection of children's rights under the provisions of the Convention on the Rights of the Child in Argentina, Belgium, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Grenada, Guatemala, Japan, Nigeria and Tunisia.
Sixty-third General Assembly
13th & 14th Meetings (AM & PM)
'For Every African, There Are Seven Illicit Bullets and Three Guns Targeted At Him or Her', Says Speaker; Two Drafts Introduced, One on Arms Trade Treaty
Concludes Debate on Human Rights Defenders, Violence against Women and Effects of Economic Reform Policies and Foreign Debt on Human Rights
The Human Rights Council this afternoon held an interactive dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on adequate housing as a component of the right to an adequate standard of living and the Independent Expert on minority issues.
At the beginning of the meeting, the Council concluded its interactive dialogue with the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on the situation of human rights defenders, the Special Rapporteur on violence against …