- OCHA Bulletin humanitaire, Juillet-septembre 2017
- WFP Response in Diffa: Factsheet (August 2017)
- UNICEF Niger Humanitarian Situation Report, June 2017)
Appeals & Funding
- Bassin du Lac Tchad : Besoins Humanitaires Revus et Priorités de Réponse (Sep 2017) EN FR
- 2017 Plan de réponse humanitaire - Mise à jour (août 2017)
- 2017 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- 2017 Lake Chad Basin Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview EN FR
- 2017 Sahel - Overview of humanitarian needs and requirements EN FR
- Nigeria Situation 2017 Supplementary Appeal Jan-Dec 2017 (Rev Jul 2017)
- Nigeria Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan-Dec 2017
- Lake Chad Basin crisis: Response strategy (2017–2019)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Niger: Floods - Jun 2017
- Niger: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Apr 2017
- Niger: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2017
- Niger: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Niger: Floods - Jul 2016
- Niger: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2016
- Niger: Floods - Jul 2015
- Niger: Meningitis and Measles Outbreaks - Apr 2015
- Niger: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2014
Response to Corporate Emergencies
January - June 2017
Level 3 Emergency
WFP continues to provide vital humanitarian assistance to hard-to-reach locations across South Sudan. WFP conducted 1,314 airdrops delivering 36,263 mt of humanitarian cargo.
El informe de la FAO indica un repunte de las cosechas en la mayoría de los países de bajos ingresos con déficit de alimentos
Le rapport de la FAO souligne la hausse des récoltes dans les pays aux plus faibles revenus et plus importants déficits vivriers
Conflicts drag down food security amid growing global food output
FAO report notes rebounding harvests in most low-income food-deficit countries
21 September 2017, Rome-- Robust harvests in Latin America and rebounding agricultural conditions in Southern Africa are on course to improve the global food supply situation, but ongoing civil conflicts and climate-related shocks are affecting progress towards hunger reduction, according to the new edition of FAO's Crop Prospects and Food Situation report.
The Global Hunger Index (GHI) is designed to comprehensively measure and track hunger globally and by country and region. Calculated each year by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), the GHI highlights successes and failures in hunger reduction and provides insights into the drivers of hunger. By raising awareness and understanding of regional and country differences in hunger, the GHI aims to trigger actions to reduce hunger.
In 2018, there will be Humanitarian Response Plans in 23 countries: Afghanistan, Burundi, Chad, Cameroon, CAR, DRC, Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Haiti, Iraq, Libya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Ukraine and Yemen. The HRPs for Cameroon, Chad, CAR, DRC, Somalia, Haiti, Sudan, Nigeria (and potentially Niger and Afghanistan) will be multi-year Plans.
Deadline for Completion
This brief summarizes FEWS NET’s most forward-looking analysis of projected emergency food assistance needs in FEWS NET coverage countries. The projected size of each country’s acutely food insecure population (IPC Phase 3 and higher) is compared to last year and the recent five-year average and categorized as Higher (p), Similar (u), or Lower (q). Countries where external emergency food assistance needs are anticipated are identified. Projected lean season months highlighted in red indicate either an early start or an extension to the typical lean season.
by Parastou Hassouri | published September 12, 2017
Human Rights Council 36th session
Opening Statement by Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
11 September 2017
Distinguished President of the Council,
As I enter the final year of my current mandate – a year which I will discharge with vigour and determination – I wish to begin with a few short reflections drawn from the past three years.
Situation Générale en août 2017 Prévision jusqu'à’mi-octobre 2017