- UNICEF Niger Humanitarian Situation Report, July-August 2017
- UNHCR Niger Factsheet - September 2017
- OCHA Bulletin humanitaire, Juillet-septembre 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Bassin du Lac Tchad : Besoins Humanitaires Revus et Priorités de Réponse (Sep 2017) EN FR
- 2017 Plan de réponse humanitaire - Mise à jour (août 2017)
- 2017 Plan de réponse humanitaire
- 2017 Lake Chad Basin Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview EN FR
- 2017 Sahel - Overview of humanitarian needs and requirements EN FR
- Nigeria Situation 2017 Supplementary Appeal Jan-Dec 2017 (Rev Jul 2017)
- Nigeria Regional Refugee Response Plan (RRRP): Jan-Dec 2017
- Lake Chad Basin crisis: Response strategy (2017–2019)
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
- Niger: Floods - Jun 2017
- Niger: Hepatitis E Outbreak - Apr 2017
- Niger: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2017
- Niger: Rift Valley Fever Outbreak - Sep 2016
- Nigeria: Polio Outbreak - Aug 2016
- Niger: Floods - Jul 2016
- Niger: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2016
- Niger: Floods - Jul 2015
- Niger: Meningitis and Measles Outbreaks - Apr 2015
- Niger: Cholera Outbreak - Oct 2014
This Annual Report highlights the impact of the Joint UNDP-DPA Programme on Building National Capacities for Conflict Prevention. In 2016, the Joint Programme provided support to 45 countries, including through the deployment of Peace and Development Advisors.
This website allows you to explore how different scenarios of global greenhouse gas emissions and adaptation to climate change could change the geography of food insecurity in developing and least-developed countries. By altering the levels of future global greenhouse gas emissions and/or the levels of adaptation, you can see how vulnerability to food insecurity changes over time, and compare and contrast these different future scenarios with each other and the present day.
Assisted Voluntary Returns Peaked at 70,000 in 2015: IOM
Switzerland - IOM assisted 69,540 migrants from 97 host and/or transit countries and 156 countries of origin in 2015, as part of its Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) programmes, according to the newly-released AVRR 2015 Key Highlights report.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
El estado de la inseguridad alimentaria en el mundo 2009 es el 10.=BA informe de situación de la FAO sobre el hambre en el mundo desde la Cumbre Mundial sobre la Alimentación (CMA) de 1996. En el informe se destaca el hecho de que, incluso antes de que se produjeran la crisis alimentaria y la crisis económica, el n=FAmero de personas que padecían hambre había aumentado lenta pero constantemente.
Should satisfactory agricultural and food prospects be expected?
1. General overview of the rainfall and agricultural situation in the Sahel and West Africa
Seasonal forecasts for West Africa by the African Center of Meteorological Applications for Development - ACMAD have been confirmed. After a late start to the agricultural season in mid-July accompanied by irregular rains, rainfall was intense throughout the region during August and September. Most Sahelian countries received this long-awaited rainfall except Cape Verde where pockets of drought were registered in some areas.
Sixty-first General Assembly
52nd & 53rd Meetings (AM & PM)
Assembly Also Considers Strategies to Forestall Disasters, Boost Response; Assistance to Palestinian People; Three Texts on Regional Cooperation Adopted
(New York: 23 May 2006): The Advisory Group on the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) today held its inaugural session at United Nations Headquarters in New York.
Each week, the World Health Organization Department for Health Action in Crises in Geneva produces information highlights on the health aspects of selected humanitarian crises. Drawing on the various WHO programmes, contributions cover activities from field and country offices and the support provided by WHO regional offices and Headquarters.