Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Most read reports
- Mauritania declares itself landmine free nearly two decades after mine clearance began
- IOM Carries Out Displacement Simulation Exercise at Mauritania-Mali Border
- Mauritania: UNHCR Operational Update as of 15 November 2018
- La Délégation du CICR en Mauritanie: faits et chiffres Janvier - Décembre 2017
- Mauritania: UNHCR Operational Update as of 15 October 2018
DAKAR – The United Nations World Food Programme welcomes the contribution, from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, of 250 metric tonnes of dates, worth US$ 650,000, which will give a nutritional boost to more than 130,000 hungry and vulnerable people in Chad, Mauritania and Burkina Faso this Ramadan season.
WFP’s response to the food crisis in the Sahel
WFP is implementing a regional response to reach more than 10 million people across eight countries in the Sahel region, which is currently experiencing its third food and nutrition crisis in less than a decade.
The response‘s activities include general food distributions, Food and Cash for Work, un-conditional cash transfers, cereal bank support, and treatment and prevention of moderate acute malnutrition. WFP is providing cash transfers through mobile banking technology for the first time in Mali and Niger.