Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Maps & Infographics
Amidst the Sahel food crisis, relief agency programmes are in danger due to insufficient funding.
8 May 2012 By William Lambers
As the hunger crisis deepens in eight countries of the Sahel region, humanitarian aid should be increasing. But this is not the case in parts of the drought-stricken area. The UN World Food Programme (WFP) relies exclusively on voluntary donations and in Mauritania school meals for children have been reduced by the WFP due to low funding.