Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Maps & Infographics
As the Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (CRWRC) nears the completion of its $10 million response to drought in Eastern Africa, its International Disaster Response team is now shifting some of its attention to West Africa where a new food crisis is looming.
In the coming months, between five and nine million people risk going hungry in the Sahel, a semi-arid region just below the Sahara, due to a season of erratic rainfall, drought and insect infestations in Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger and Chad.