Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Maps & Infographics
10 September, 2010
New Zealand will contribute $1 million to the World Food Programme's response to serious food shortages in the Sahel region of West Africa, Foreign Minister Murray McCully announced today.
"Severe drought in West Africa has led to crop failures and stock losses which have put more than 10 million people at risk of malnutrition and starvation," Mr McCully said.
"The situation is accentuated by high food prices, and the fact that the affected countries are among the poorest in the world.
"New Zealand's contribution …