Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Maps & Infographics
Together with EU, the Netherlands and Sweden, Denmark is co-hosting a high-level conference in Brussels today.
The main focus of the conference will be on human rights and trust building between local communities and security forces in the G5 countries within the West African Sahel region.
The Danish government has decided to strengthen its already comprehensive efforts in the West African Sahel-region, in order to address terrorism and irregular migration to Europe. With the collapse of Libya, developments in the Sahel-region affect Europe and Denmark more directly. Today the region is the primary route for migrants from West Africa to Europe. Moreover, the countries in the Sahel are faced with an increasing threat from terrorist groups such as the West African branch of the Al Qaeda.