Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
CAFOD and other aid agencies met the President of Niger to discuss the food crisis that is devastating large parts of West Africa.
Geoff O’Donoghue, the Director of our International Division, met President Issoufou Mahamadou on 13 June at a high-level government meeting. He joined other members of the Sahel Working Group – a network of British aid agencies working in West Africa – in welcoming the government of Niger’s early response to the crisis.
“If we take action now, it will cost us many times less than if we wait until it's a catastrophe,” says CAFOD’s Philippe Mougin, as millions face food shortages in west Africa.
Help us respond quickly to emergencies>>
Since last summer, an upsurge in locust breeding has occurred in Western Africa, first concentrating in the Sahal region, and since then spreading into several outlaying areas, including Darfur, Sudan.