Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Maps & Infographics
There will be two high-level briefings during New Zealand’s September presidency: one on the Middle East, with a Syria focus, chaired by New Zealand Prime Minister John Key, and the other on counter-terrorism and aviation security, chaired by New Zealand Foreign Minister Murray McCully.
Council members are expected to continue to hold straw polls to gauge the viability of candidates that have been nominated for the position of the next Secretary-General.
There will be two open debates during Malaysia’s August presidency. Malaysia, also the chair of the Working Group on Children and Armed Conflict, has organised an open debate on the Secretary-General’s annual report on this thematic issue. Malaysian Foreign Minister Anifah Aman is expected to chair the second open debate focused on preventing the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
Council members will continue to hold straw polls to gauge the viability of candidates that have been nominated for the position of the next Secretary-General.