Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Most read reports
- Mauritania declares itself landmine free nearly two decades after mine clearance began
- IOM Carries Out Displacement Simulation Exercise at Mauritania-Mali Border
- Mauritania: UNHCR Operational Update as of 15 November 2018
- La Délégation du CICR en Mauritanie: faits et chiffres Janvier - Décembre 2017
- Mauritania: UNHCR Operational Update as of 15 October 2018
This report covers the period 01 January 2012 to 30 June 2012
To save lives, protect livelihoods, and strengthen recovery from disasters and crises by reducing the impact of, and vulnerability to, disasters through the development and effective use of national, regional and international Red Cross and Red Crescent capacities and resources in sheltering.
The Eastern Africa Zone covers 14 National Societies (NS) - Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. The Zone has four country representations in Somalia, Sudan, Eritrea and Ethiopia and two Sub Zones covering the Indian Ocean Islands and East Africa countries.
The Eastern Africa Zone continues to experience major disasters which claim many lives, destroy property and erode the already weak livelihoods of the communities affected.
Appeal Target: CHF 3,400,000 (USD 2,446,214 or EUR 2,336,657)
Period covered: January - April, 2003
The Federation’s mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 180 countries. For more information: www.ifrc.org
Appeal coverage: 16.7%; See attached Contributions List for details.
Outstanding needs: CHF 2,832,634 (USD 2,080,524 / EUR 1,919,779)