Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Maps & Infographics
The Eastern Africa Zone covers 14 National Societies (NS) - Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda. The Zone has four country representations in Somalia, Sudan, Eritrea and Ethiopia and two Sub Zones covering the Indian Ocean Islands and East Africa countries.
The Eastern Africa Zone continues to experience major disasters which claim many lives, destroy property and erode the already weak livelihoods of the communities affected.