Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Most read reports
- Mauritania: UNHCR Operational Update as of 15 October 2018
- Mauritania: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - September 30, 2018
- Solutions in West Africa - Mauritanian refugees in Mali and Senegal Q3 2018
- West Africa food crisis threatens 6 million people
- La Délégation du CICR en Mauritanie: faits et chiffres Janvier - Décembre 2017
There was an overall downward trend in the levels of organised violence and protests on the African continent during the month of August 2018 compared to the rest of the year. There are fewer reported events than is typical for August based on previous years, but this pattern may still be reversed due to reporting lags. Significant developments still spanned a number of countries in August 2018.
This month’s Conflict Trends report is the eighth in a series of monthly publications from the Armed Con-flict Location & Event Dataset (ACLED). Each month, realtime data on conflict events is gathered, pub-lished and analysed, and compared with historical patterns in violence levels, locations and agents to provide an insight into conflict change and continu-ity on the continent.
This conflict trend report from ACLED is the third of our monthly reports that focus on regional conflict trends within Africa. We concentrate our analysis on recent political violence in DR-Congo, Guinea Bissau, Mauritania, Nigeria, Somalia, Sudan & South Sudan, Zimbabwe, and North African states including Algeria, Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia.
Analysis is focused on the month of May 2012, with reference to violence patterns over the course of the last three months. Present conflict patterns are compared with recent violent with new trends, actors and locations highlighted.