Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Breaking Taboos: Teaching Migrant Communities about HIV/AIDS Prevention in Mauritania
- Mauritania: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - September 30, 2018
- Mauritania Price Bulletin, September 2018
- Solutions in West Africa - Mauritanian refugees in Mali and Senegal Q3 2018
- UNHCR Mauritania Factsheet - September 2018
Authors: Steve Wiggins, Julia Compton and Sharada Keats
The issue of rising food prices came to international attention in early 2008. This document answers the following questions about the crisis and responses to it:
- What has happened to food prices and why?
- Why are food prices important & where can we find them?
- How have countries and the international community responded?
- The future
ODI background note
By Alan Nicol and Nanki Kaur
Water is the key medium that links atmospheric temperature rises to changes in human and physical systems.
Climate change will alter the hydrological cycle in many ways. The trigger is the warming of the atmosphere and oceans, which will change major weather systems.
Summary of conclusions