- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Most read reports
- Mauritania: UNHCR Operational Update as of 15 January 2019
- Mauritania: Situation map - as of 31 October 2018
- GIEWS Country Brief: Mauritania 18-January-2019
- Mauritania: Food Insecurity - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) Operation Update 2 n° MDRMR009
- Mauritania declares itself landmine free nearly two decades after mine clearance began
-La Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional (AECID) aportó, en 2017, más de 40 millones de euros de ayuda dirigida a las poblaciones más vulnerables afectadas por crisis humanitarias
-La Ayuda Humanitaria española atendió también en 2017 las crisis alimentarias en Nigeria, Somalia, Sudán del Sur y Yemen, a poblaciones refugiadas y a las afectadas por huracanes e inundaciones y por el terremoto de México.
Spokesperson for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights: Rupert Colville
Date: 13 June 2014
A two-day regional conference on refugee protection and international migration in the Americas, hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and organized by IOM, UNHCR and the OAS, with support from the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), opens on Thursday in the Costa Rican capital, San José.
The conference, which will be officially opened by Foreign Affairs Minister Bruno Stagno and Interior Minister Janina Del Vecchio, will bring together some officials from 20 countries as well as IOM, UNHCR, OAS, OHCHR, national and international NGOs, civil society and …
First Global Broadcast - Women on the Frontline - Presented by Annie Lennox on BBC World, Tomorrow, 18 April 2008 at 1930 GMT
UNITED NATIONS, Geneva - This is an unfortunate anniversary.
Fourteen years ago, in April 1994, news got out that ethnic violence in Kigali was spreading throughout Rwanda. Since then, the world community has struggled to explain how the genocide of 800,000 people happened in full view, but less discussed is the ongoing impact of the rape and other forms of sexual violence committed against hundreds of thousands of women.
Violence against women is the theme …
Concludes Debate on Human Rights Defenders, Violence against Women and Effects of Economic Reform Policies and Foreign Debt on Human Rights
The Human Rights Council this afternoon held an interactive dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on adequate housing as a component of the right to an adequate standard of living and the Independent Expert on minority issues.
At the beginning of the meeting, the Council concluded its interactive dialogue with the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on the situation of human rights defenders, the Special Rapporteur on violence against …