Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Most read reports
· There have been 20 206 reported cases of Ebola virus disease, with 7905 reported deaths.
· Reported case incidence is fluctuating in Guinea and decreasing in Liberia, although Liberia reported more cases in the week ending 28 December than in the previous week.
· There are signs that the increase in incidence has slowed in Sierra Leone. However, the west of the country is still experiencing the most intense transmission of all affected countries.
· The United Kingdom has reported its first confirmed case of Ebola.
This is the second edition of the Global Slavery Index. The Index estimates the number of people in modern slavery in 167 countries. This year’s Index also includes an analysis of what governments are doing to eradicate modern slavery. The Index increases our understanding of the contextual factors that make people vulnerable to modern slavery.
During the last few days Angolan security forces have arrested and arbitrarily detained several African nationals who they also subjected to cruel and inhuman treatment. Our organisations condemn these serious violations of migrants’ human rights and urge the Angolan authorities to put an end to this violence and to respect the international and regional legal instruments that Angola has ratified, and also draw the attention of the home countries of these migrants to the gravity of the situation.
Les forces de l’ordre angolaises procèdent depuis quelques jours à des arrestations et détentions arbitraires, des traitements cruels et inhumains sur plusieurs ressortissants africains. Tout en condamnant ces graves violations des droits humains des personnes migrantes, nos organisations exhortent les autorités angolaises à faire cesser ces exactions, conformément aux instruments juridiques internationaux et régionaux des droits humains ratifiés par l’État angolais ; et attirent l’attention des États africains dont sont originaires les migrants sur la gravité de la situation.
WASHINGTON, 18 décembre 2014 — Le Conseil des administrateurs du Groupe de la Banque mondiale a approuvé aujourd’hui un financement de 170,2 millions de dollars visant à améliorer l’accès des femmes et des adolescentes aux services de santé génésique, maternelle et infantile dans cinq pays de la région du Sahel et de la Communauté économique des États d’Afrique de l’Ouest (CEDEAO).
There have been 19 497 reported cases of Ebola virus disease, with 7588 reported deaths.
Reported case incidence is fluctuating in Guinea and decreasing in Liberia.
There are signs that the increase in incidence has slowed in Sierra Leone, although the country’s west is now experiencing the most intense transmission in the affected countries. Response efforts have been strengthened to curb the spread of disease in the area.
L’écart entre les besoins humanitaires et les ressources disponibles pour y répondre continue de croître. Ce document énonce les appels inter-agences qui demandent 16,4 milliards de dollars en 2015 pour aider 57,5 millions de personnes à travers 22 pays.
As of 17 December 2014, there have been 18,569 confirmed, probable and suspected EVD cases in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, and 6,900 deaths.Over 9.4 million children are living in the affected areas in these 3 countries. An estimated 3,492 children have been infected with Ebola, and a far greater number of children have lost one or both parents or caregivers in this crisis.
I have the honour to transmit herewith the declaration of the first summit of Heads of State and Government on the Nouakchott Process, held on 18 December 2014 (see annex).
In the declaration, the Heads of State and Government reiterate their commitment to the sovereignty of the Republic of Mali, its territorial integrity and the unified, republican and secular character of the Malian State.
I should be grateful if the text of the present letter and its annex could be circulated as a document of the Security Council.
WASHINGTON, December 18, 2014—The World Bank Group’s Board of Executive Directors today approved US$170.2 million for women and adolescent girls to expand their access to reproductive, child and maternal health services in five countries in Africa’s Sahel region and the Economic Community of Western African States (ECOWAS).
The Sahel Women’s Empowerment and Demographic Dividend Project will also help promote regional knowledge and data on proven gender development programs.
Les déficits céréaliers localises accentuent l’insécurité alimentaire
Les déficits céréaliers consécutifs à l’échec des cultures pluviales dans le centre sud du pays et à la baisse des flux transfrontaliers ont intensifié le recours des ménages pauvres de l’ouest de la Zone agropastorale et du centre de la Vallée du Fleuve Sénégal, au marché pour se nourrir, alors que leurs revenus saisonniers ont accusé de fortes baisses.
• Mauritania continues to suffer from a multi-dimensional crisis related to food insecurity, the high prevalence of malnutrition, the presence of Malian refugees.
• From January to December 2014, as a result of the food insecurity and nutrition crisis, over 16,684 severely malnourished children were admitted and treated within 508 supported health facilities. The close collaboration with the Ministry of Health contributed to reinforce the capacity of 141 frontline staff on management of acute malnutrition as well as increase the coverage.
DÉCLARATION DE NOUAKCOTT
Tracking food security trends in vulnerable countries
· According to the Food Security and Agriculture Cluster analyses, 9.8 million people in Syria need various types of food, agriculture and livelihood-related assistance.
· As fighting prevails in Iraq, an estimated 2.2 million people across the governorates of Anbar, Kirkuk, Diyala, Ninewa and Salah al-Din are in need of emergency food assistance.