Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Mauritania: UNHCR Operational Update as of 15 October 2018
- Mauritania: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - September 30, 2018
- UNHCR Mauritania Operation (9 October 2018)
- Solutions in West Africa - Mauritanian refugees in Mali and Senegal Q3 2018
- Mauritania Humanitarian Situation Report (July - September 2018)
- 186,768 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE
- 172,362 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY SEA
- 14,406 TOTAL ARRIVALS TO EUROPE BY LAND
NOUAKCHOTT – Le Programme Alimentaire Mondial des Nations Unies (PAM) remercie le Danemark, l’Union Européenne (ECHO), l’Espagne et les Etats Unis (Bureau pour la Population, les Réfugiés et les Migrations) pour leurs contributions qui ont soutenu les opérations du Service Humanitaire des Nations Unies (UNHAS) en Mauritanie cette année. Ces contributions, qui s’élèvent à US$ 2,8 millions, ont été essentielles dans le maintien des opérations d’aide humanitaire en 2017.
NOUAKCHOTT – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes contributions from Denmark, the European Union (ECHO), Spain, and the United States of America (Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration) that have supported United Nations Humanitarian Air Service (UNHAS) operations in Mauritania this year. The US$2.8 million in contributions made by these donors have been instrumental in keeping the life-saving service in operation in 2017.
The Danish government has decided to strengthen its already comprehensive efforts in the West African Sahel-region, in order to address terrorism and irregular migration to Europe. With the collapse of Libya, developments in the Sahel-region affect Europe and Denmark more directly. Today the region is the primary route for migrants from West Africa to Europe. Moreover, the countries in the Sahel are faced with an increasing threat from terrorist groups such as the West African branch of the Al Qaeda.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
I. Executive summary
Influenza - Multistate (Europe) - Monitoring 2015-2016 season
Influenza transmission in Europe shows a clear seasonal pattern, with peak activity during winter months. ECDC monitors influenza activity in Europe during the winter season and publishes its report weekly on the Flu News Europe website.
Update of the week