- UNHCR Mauritania Operational Update as of 15 November 2017
- FEWS : Mauritanie: Perspectives sur la sécurité alimentaire Octobre 2017 à Mai 2018
- WFP Mauritania Country Brief, August 2017
Appeals & Funding
- Plan d'action intégré humanitaire et développement 2017
- 2017 Sahel - Overview of humanitarian needs and requirements EN FR
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017 - West and Central Africa
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2007
Most read (last 30 days)
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
Mediterranean 19,522 arrivals by sea in 2017*
522 dead/missing in 2017*
Trends of Sea Arrivals
In a wide-ranging opening speech to the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad al Hussein sheds a light on "preventable calamities" and worrying trends in human rights around the world, including detailed concerns about the situation in more than 50 countries
Distinguished President of the Council,
Colleagues and friends
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.
Genetic diversity of livestock can help feed a hotter, harsher world
Despite growing interest in safeguarding biodiversity of livestock and poultry,genetic erosion continues
IOM Launches Updated Response Plan for Mediterranean and Beyond
Switzerland - IOM has released an update to its June 2015 response plan “Addressing Complex Migration Flows in the Mediterranean.” It includes a series of proposed interventions to be implemented through December 2016, some of which are already underway, others are still at the planning stage.
Acting on a proposal by Minister of Foreign Affairs Nickolay Mladenov, the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria has approved the granting of 100 000 leva humanitarian aid to some of the most destitute regions in the world.