Appeals & Response Plans
- Mauritania: Drought - May 2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Mauritania: Floods - Sep 2013
- Sahel Crisis: 2011-2017
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2010
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2009
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2009
- Influenza A (H1N1) Pandemic - Apr 2009
- West Africa: Floods - Jul 2008
- Mauritania: Floods - Aug 2007
Most read reports
- Mauritania declares itself landmine free nearly two decades after mine clearance began
- IOM Carries Out Displacement Simulation Exercise at Mauritania-Mali Border
- Mauritania: UNHCR Operational Update as of 15 November 2018
- La Délégation du CICR en Mauritanie: faits et chiffres Janvier - Décembre 2017
- Mauritania: UNHCR Operational Update as of 15 October 2018
The Portfolio of Mine Action Projects 2009 provides a snapshot of the problems of landmines and explosive remnants of war (ERW) in 33 countries, territories and peacekeeping missions, and describes the strategies for eliminating each of these threats.
This 12th edition of the annual portfolio is a collection of mine action project proposals that reflect a strategic response by field-based partners to the landmine and ERW problems in specific countries or territories.
- World cereal production in 2008 is forecast to increase 2.6 percent to a record 2 164 million tonnes. The bulk of the increase is expected to be in wheat following significant expansion in plantings in major producing countries. Coarse grains output is tentatively forecast to remain around the bumper level of last year. Rice production is foreseen to increase slightly reflecting production incentives in several Asian countries.