- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Agency Reports and Open Source Data
Most of our knowledge about humanitarian security hot spots comes from publicly-reported events. This briefing summarizes confidential information from 10 agencies about a range of security events, from those that severely affect staff to those that affect agencies’ ability to deliver aid.
By: Erin Law & Kate Seymour, IFRC
Twelve Red Cross volunteers gather on a porch in Namitotelane village, a rural area of Nampula, Mozambique, to discuss the challenges they face in preventing the spread of cholera in their communities. These volunteers are working to educate people about the disease in an environment where misinformation can lead to violence. During the meeting, they pause to remember two Red Cross volunteers who were tragically killed by a panicked mob during a similar outbreak in 2009.