- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Most read reports
- Financial Protection against Disasters in Mozambique (April 2018)
- Mozambique: Vulnerability Assessment Committee Results 2018
- Mozambique Key Message Update, August 2018
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Warehousing, Transport & Logistics Services, February 2015
- Is another Boko Haram or al-Shabaab erupting in Mozambique?
Aid agencies have called on the Australian Government to provide more funds for urgent food relief to counter a humanitarian disaster unfolding in southern Africa. They have also asked the Australian community to dig deep in supporting current emergency appeals.
ACFOA Council refers to the 2001 Council Resolutions on Zimbabwe, Debt and HIV/AIDS and notes that:
- Australian aid to Africa has, in real
terms, shrunk to half what it was in 1995-96. For the 2002/3 year, the
AusAID regional program allocation is $35 million. In contrast, the UK
Government has just announced a 50% increase in its aid to Africa to almost
A$3 billion, bringing its aid to 20 times Australia's per capita level.
Australia is not on target to meet the Millennium Development Goals in
relation to Africa.