- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Most read reports
- Financial Protection against Disasters in Mozambique (April 2018)
- Mozambique: Vulnerability Assessment Committee Results 2018
- Mozambique Key Message Update, August 2018
- ACCORD supports efforts on participation of women in nation-wide peace and reconciliation processes for social cohesion in Mozambique
- Mozambique Update, July 21, 2018
Written by Sara Chambers
Every year our team compiles a country update for all child sponsors. This update shares what has been happening in the country where their sponsored child lives and gives them a glimpse into the real work that’s happening in the communities where Food for the Hungry (FH) works.
This year, we wanted to dive in a little deeper to one of the most profound programs that FH implements in each community across the world, cascade groups.
"I think this is one of the best things we could ever do for HIV; it's one of the most successful prevention methods," says FH's HIV/AIDS programs coordinator, Kim Buttonow, MPH. "You can have an HIV-free generation."
By expanding the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT), children of HIV-positive mothers actually could choose whether to protect themselves from the deadly virus, instead of being born with it.
Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) is appealing for donations for those affected by the recent violence, which has left twenty two people dead and caused 13,000 to flee their homes.
The attacks, which began on May 12 2008, have involved armed mobs beating, raping, robbing and killing foreigners in the Alexandra Township.
(Berlin: 13/10/2006) Warfare and armed conflict has devastating ramifications for the fight against hunger in affected countries. This is one of the central conclusions of a report presented by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) on Friday in Berlin.
- India Earthquake
- El Salvador Earthquake
- Mozambique Floods
- Conflict in Sierra Leone and Guinea
- Uganda Ebola Intervention Update
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) Crisis
A trail of destruction of life and property 13 days after the tragedy struck Gujarat marks evidence of a disaster on a scale not witnessed by the current generation of India.