- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Offal is often rejected by wealthier consumers, but these are parts of the animal that are affordable and also offer a vital source of protein, iron and zinc for low-income households.
In central Mozambique’s Manica province, dried fish retails at 55MZN (£1) per kg, and chicken at 100MZN (£1.85). Fifth-quarter meat, on the other hand, costs just an average of 27MZN (£0.50).