- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Montreal, May 7, 2007 - In addition to supporting important relief efforts in conflict zones on a year-round basis, the past few months have also seen DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE responding to requests for aid after disastrous flooding affected significant areas in Bolivia, Burundi, Indonesia and Mozambique. The Emergency Aid programme of DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE continues to monitor the situation and so far has already approved help to partners totalling some $406,400.
In Burundi, especially, the year-end flooding has only made an already precarious food security situation much worse.
Montréal, le 20 décembre 2002 - DÉVELOPPEMENT ET PAIX vient d'acheminer une nouvelle somme de 30 000 $ aux victimes de la famine en Afrique australe.
TORONTO / July 3, 2002 - As it always does when major disasters occur anywhere in the world, the Canadian Catholic Organization for DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE is accepting donations to aid an estimated 13 million famine victims in Southern Africa.
Montreal, July 24, 2001 - DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE is sending $370,000 in reconstruction assistance through four of its partners in Mozambique, Africa. The country suffered two serious floods in less than two years.