- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Habitat for Humanity Mozambique was awarded a nearly $2 million grant by USAID to help provide shelter and support for children left orphaned by the HIV/AIDS epidemic. According to the United Nations, Mozambique has an estimated 400,000 children who have lost a parent or guardian to HIV/AIDS.
The USAID grant from PEPFAR, the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, will help Habitat build 900 shelters that will ensure safe, healthy and legal housing for 2,700 orphans and vulnerable children.