- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Flooding in Mozambique has put hospitals and health facilitites out of action, but the Carmelo hospital has become a lifeline, helping to provide care and support to thousands of people. The hospital is run by nuns from Argentina. When the floodwaters rose, they helped carry 100 patients upstairs to safety.
Caritas Australia, the international aid and development organization of the Catholic Church, continues to work with partners in Mozambique, where almost 250,000 people have been affected by flooding, including an estimated 180,000 temporarily displaced.
Caritas Australia, the international aid and development organisation of the Catholic Church, has committed $70,000 (AU) to help those affected by recent flooding in the country’s southern Gaza province.
The Mozambique government and aid organisations, like the Caritas network, are struggling to respond to the needs of 150,000 people displaced by recent flooding in the region.