- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
South African Weather Service
16 February 2017: 11:00
Tropical cyclone Dineo made landfall near Inhambane, southern Mozambique between 8pm and midnight last night, Wednesday, 15 February. Strong winds, exceeding 100km/hr as well as torrential rainfall and very rough seas were most likely the main weather-related impacts.
Pretoria - South African Acting Foreign Minister Jeff Radebe will co-sign, with the Deputy Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Sheila Sisulu, an agreement establishing the WFP Regional Bureau for Southern Africa in South Africa.
Following the meeting by Ministers of Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe and South Africa to discuss the recent flood disasters in those countries, on the 3rd of March 2000, a meeting took place today 23rd March 2000.
Pretoria, Friday, 3 March 2000
Ministers and officials from the four Southern African countries affected by the floods met in Pretoria to discuss the effects of the floods in each country, as well as mechanisms for coordinating relief and rehabilitation. The Ministers adopted a number of resolutions detailing immediate, medium and long term measures to ensure effective cooperation with respect to flood relief.