- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
Addis Ababa September 25/2014 The Sustainable Intensification of Maize-Legume cropping systems for food security in Eastern and Southern Africa program (SIMLESA) is working to improve farmers' productivity through supplying improved seed.
Improved maize and legumes seed have been released to farmers through the program since 2010, said Mulugetta Mekuria, the Program Coordinator.
The improved maize and legumes seed provides 20 percent and 15 percent respectively higher production per hectare than the seed previously used by farmers.