- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
16 November 2015 – In Mozambique, flooding poses an increasing threat. Klaus Töpfer joins Lorenz Petersen (GIZ) and German newspaper Tagesspiegel for a discussion on how people can be protected from the consequences of climate change.
The Vulnerability Sourcebook provides step-by-step guidelines to conduct vulnerability assessments and to monitor changes in vulnerability over time. Repeating vulnerability assessments on a regular basis is a rather new approach and serves as a valuable tool for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of adaptation by showing whether a reduction in vulnerability has really been achieved.