- Southern Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2017
- Southern Africa: Food Insecurity - 2015-2017
- Mozambique/Malawi: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2015
- Tropical Cyclone Hellen - Mar 2014
- Mozambique: Floods - Jan 2013
- Tropical Storm Irina - Mar 2012
- Mozambique: Storms and Floods - Jan 2012
- Southern Africa: Floods - Jan 2011
UN Women co-sponsored a side-event on advancing HIV prevention among young people, at this year’s Commission on Population and Development in New York on 25 April. Dr. Carol Underwood, a health and communications expert, spoke at the event.
She has examined the gendered nature of HIV risk as the co-author of a new paper: Structural determinants of adolescent girls’ vulnerability to HIV: Views from community members in Botswana, Malawi, and Mozambique.